03 September 2010

Clinic Appointment--August 20, 2010

I had my clinic appointment on August 20th. This is the first time I've been able to get online to post about it.
It went great!!
My PFT's went back up. They went from 91% to 94%. So we've officially ruled out the Generic Zithromax as the cause to the decrease back in May from 96% to 91%.
We've decided that the cause of the drop back in May was due to allergies or the weather.
So thankful that my numbers went back up and I am healthy.
I will admit I was a little nervous, a little concerned that they may have decreased more, but when I was blowing mid 90's on the screen it felt good. It made me really happy. :)
Jerry was really happy and proud of me too.
Dr. Whittaker-LeClair came into the room asked me the regular questions and felt my stomach and that was the extent of the appointment. My 6 month is in November and before I go to it, I have to get my yearly Glucose Screening done.
I hate those. :(
You have to drink this horrible sugar drink, I usually get the Lemon-Lime one, it tastes like really flat Sprite. But the worst part, is the having to sit for 2 hours at the hospital, I can't leave.
But I drink the drink, sometimes they draw blood at the hour mark, sometimes they don't, but they always draw blood at the end of the 2 hours. Then I can leave.
It was a pretty good day overall, and I'm really proud of myself, and how healthy I've been staying.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so awesome your PFTS are in the 90s!!! My lastest PFT was 38%. That is the highest it has been in over a year. You are doing so well. I'm currently on a Lung Transplant list. I can't wait to get my new lungs! It will feel so good to take a deep breath again.

    ReplyDelete