13 June 2010

Acapella

I finally got my new Acapella the other day, I used it for the first time last night. It has so much more power, it pushes a lot stronger vibration into my lungs than my old one.
I coughed up a lot of mucus. I thought at one point I was going to throw up from how hard I was coughing.
Everyone tells me how surprised and proud they were that I finally made the decision to become a little more independent. I don't blame them, I used to be very determined to not change how things went.
But now that I am, it's making Jerry's life easier and also my life easier. I'm now able to go and spend time with my friends and sleep over their houses.
Just like next week, I'm spending three days at my friend Kendra's house with her two daughters, Leah and Rachel. It's very exciting, it'll be my very first time away from home where I don't need someone there to do my Chest PT, it'll just be me. I've never been able to experience that, now I can.
I'm hoping to post a video at some point of me using my new Acapella. Jerry said he would video tape me using it, so that everyone can see how it works. I mention the Acapella to people, and some CFers have never heard of it. That surprised me. I thought everyone would have known about it.  It's similar to the Flutter, you do the same breathing techniques, but it looks a little like the AeroChamber that you would put your inhalers into. Hopefully I can get that video up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment